GLG holds hundreds of conference-related meetings around the world and virtually every year! These meetings bring together the world’s top professionals to learn from and to teach each other – in small groups, virtually and in-person, off-site surrounding industry conferences. GLG’s Event Production Conference team programs these compelling convenings with global thought leaders and top practitioners while managing all surrounding and supporting logistics.
GLG Events leverages GLG’s core asset, the GLG Councils, to facilitate in person and remote meetings such as Conference Roundtables, Conference Remote Roundtables, Private Visits, and Video Panels between clients and various GLG Council Members.
As a GLG Event Production Specialist on the Conference team, you will focus on the operational aspect of programming meetings around the different industry conferences, which bring real world expertise to our GLG clients in various formats.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Remote production and planning of client/speaker engagements that requires communication through digital platforms
- Provide administrative and project support for event management and scheduling of a personal portfolio of events (conference remote roundtables, conference roundtables (in-person), private visits, and panels)
- Manage events from pre-production planning to post-production reconciliation
- Monitor events remotely or in-person to troubleshoot any potential issues
- Deliver quality event output on various platforms
- GLG Council Member (external speaker) honoraria negotiations and communication
- Host training and preparation
- Event attendance oversight including direct client communication
- Data entry and system management
- Editing meeting materials for both internal and external distribution
- Email marketing management
- RSVP management through partnerships with Events Content team or other business units
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding Event Content, Councils, and client information
You will have most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent experience, and/or certification(s) in related industry
- 2-4 years of experience in an operational role, preferably at a platform-enabled or technology company
- Experience working in a client servicing environment - financial services, event operations, or project management
- Experience in technology troubleshooting or digital event management
- Ability to travel a few times a year for 2–5-day periods; potential increase in travel starting 2022 & beyond
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, such as multiple events and different stages of projects at once
- Ability to work both in-person or remotely
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment while being adaptable to changes in work scope
- Strong written and oral communication skills including basic copy-editing
- Drives results while striving for consistency and process compliance
- Confidence handling direct client communications in stressful situations
- Previous experience with client servicing, quality control, or quality assurance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft suite Skills (particularly Excel)
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint or similar content management systems
- Proficient in Asana or similar content management systems
- Salesforce or similar customer relationship management systems
- Venue sourcing experience and booking for in-person events
- Time manages large volume of events
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- As an Overtime eligible position, traveling to offsite locations and weekend events are compensated
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment, includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.