Engagement Manager - Private Equity Clients, EMEA
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG Strategic Projects leverages the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise to deliver comprehensive answers for complex business challenges.
As Manager, you will design, sell and ensure delivery of consulting projects for the mid- and lower-mid-market private equity funds across EMEA, with a strong focus on commercial due diligence work. Teams delivering these projects will report to you and be staffed with senior independent consultants from the GLG network, combining top-tier strategy experience and subject matter expertise in the relevant industries.
Beyond project work, you will be driving initiatives to continue building this consulting practice.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Dual role supporting all aspects of client project scoping, development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e. similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Develop and grow the Strategic Projects’ business through internal cross Business Unit collaboration
- Exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations
- Responsible for managing, coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organisation, and opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients in the Financial Services sector
- The position will report to one of the Directors / VPs of Strategic Projects, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. Strategic Projects is one of the fastest growing business units at GLG and creates significant opportunities for increasing responsibilities
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5+ years experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or Investment Bank
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Exposure to private equity transactions and/or knowledge of middle-market private equity buy-outs
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Demonstrated success in pitching projects and winning new business
- Natural curiosity, a can-do attitude and comfort with a matrixed organisation and ambiguity
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Full business proficiency in English
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.