EMEA Regional Facilities Manager - London or Dublin
Experience Level: MidApply Now
To support the growth of GLG in EMEA, GLG’s Facilities team is seeking a dynamic Senior Facilities Manager to be located in the London or Dublin office. This person will manage all office space and facilities staff overseeing the growing EMEA offices. Working with the Director of Global Workplace and Facilities, the Senior Facilities Manager will oversee facility operations, design and construction of new and existing offices, oversight of office management staff and outsourced partners, lead office moves and large internal events, negotiate and maintain local facilities contracts related food and beverage services, janitorial and other maintenance, and ensure that GLGers health, safety and security is in compliance with policies and governing regulations.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Facilities Management and Administrative Leadership
- Establish and maintain an efficient, clean, productive office environment and operations through leadership of office facilities staff, relationships with building management, support vendors and management of resources and procurement contracts. These initiatives include but are not limited to:
- Creating and overseeing office accounts, vendor relationships, expenses and office budgets.
- Creating improving and maintaining office procedures and guidelines.
- Health and safety adherence and communication as required by local and regional municipal law, building ownership, and GLG Human Resources and Legal teams.
- Security adherence and training including badging, building and suite access, fire and life drills and documentation.
- Ensuring smooth operations of building systems management related to HVAC, lighting, water, bathrooms, appliances and other physical building aspects.
- Contract negotiation with local vendors which may include parking strategies, space use policies, food and beverage procurement, catering contracts and oversight, and development of guidelines.
- Monitor services and costs including review of invoices and dispute resolution as needed.
- Document initiatives for communicating cost, implementation time, resources, leadership approval, record keeping and success management.
Regional Management and Communication
Senior Facilities Manager must be competent and comfortable communicating and interfacing with GLG Facilities staff, building management and landlords, vendors and contractors, and executive management and local employees. Interaction and engagement include but is not limited to:
- Oversee facilities team and outsourced support to provide guidance, communicate initiatives, disseminate constructive feedback and general supervision and training.
- Ensure that landlord and property manager relationships are positively maintained.
- Engage with GLG local and visiting managers to maintain positive work environment and address facilities concerns necessary to support business functions.
- Create and disseminate email and other correspondence as needed to provide office with general facilities guidance and information acting expeditiously in emergencies and time sensitive occurrences.
- Lead new initiatives designed to improve the office and workplace experience, maximize internal work processes and engage facilities support staff to provide best in class service.
Office Planning, Design and Construction
- Fit-out of new office space and renovation of existing space is paramount to providing a productive work environment. The Senior Facilities Manager should be adept at:
- Project oversight of vendors related to planning, design and construction including outsourced project managers, architects, engineers, landscapers, among others.
- Direct project management and cost valuation of smaller interior renovations.
- Able to read floor plans and create documents related to moves, adds and changes as well as have a general understanding of building systems and interior fit-out construction.
You will have most of the following:
- Experience working in a large-scale office environment, preferably an office size of 200 individuals or greater
- 5-8 years of total experience in the fields of facilities, office management, and/or hospitality
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- A high degree of trustworthiness and sound judgment
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects and be flexible to communicate and work with team members
- Can-do attitude demonstrating willingness to accommodate executive and management requests and be flexible to change while maintaining rules and procedures dictated by outside parties
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.