GLG’s Life Sciences Strategic Solutions business help Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and Diagnostic companies by providing them with the insights that they need to handle the critical strategy decisions they face. The team leverages its Survey and Projects capabilities along with the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise to deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner.
Our Life Sciences Strategic Solutions business is seeking a Surveys Director to drive success for its Life Sciences Surveys product. You will enhance and extend GLG’s Surveys brand and reputation within our Life Sciences client base as one of the primary points of contact for the team. Additionally, this person will manage teams of researchers who will help clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation.
This person will report to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Solutions lead for Life Sciences and will be a key member of a rapidly growing business unit. Collaboration with internal partners, as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base, will be crucial for success. The ideal candidate should have a passion for growing a team and driving business, as well as be energized by working within a high-energy, start-up type of environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the pitching, execution, and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s Life Sciences clients
- Help manage commercial success through marketing, client interaction, and relentlessly excellent project delivery
- Support innovation around research, survey and polling design, and expand the scope of the team’s delivery capabilities to a wide variety quantitative research products
- Deploy and teach a wide variety of market research methodologies to meet the clients research design needs.
- Work with clients and internal partners to increase awareness of GLG Surveys capabilities (this may involve up to 20% travel)
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for project execution while developing a team of project leads and associates
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President, Strategic Solutions lead for Life Sciences to develop and execute strategies for growth
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in market research, business, or some form of quantitatively focused research and a Masters or higher degree is preferred
- At least 7 years of market research, consulting, or other applicable experience
- Must have experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research methodologies and capabilities to stakeholders and clients
- Strong skills with statistical techniques is required
- Previous experience with marketing and sales of research products is required
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and developing junior researchers is required
- Must be collaborative to work with team-members in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- A demonstrated strong understanding of Healthcare, Life Sciences, med devices, med tech markets
- Experience managing a product team or book of business is required
- High-level organizational and project management capabilities
- Must be passionate about research design and be able to foster methodological innovation
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.