GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. Global, technology-enabled, and nimble, GLG curates custom learning opportunities among professionals and major thought leaders across fields. GLG supports knowledge exchange through conversations, small group meetings, mentorships, expert surveys, and more. GLG’s network of 900,000 experts works with our 2,400 employees in 21 offices in 12 countries.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, and professionalism.
- The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG top management team to set the strategic agenda for GLG, support decision making, and implement key initiatives
- The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics including competitive intelligence, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations. The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization
- Will report to the Head of Corporate Development who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development but also work closely with other members of the team on specific projects
- This Director will be expected to own delivery of sizable projects and implementations which impact multiple business units and influence the financial performance of GLG
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with GLG leadership to develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Interviews and syndication: Engage with GLG management team and external players to develop a deep understanding of the market and test frameworks and implications
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Evaluation and diligence: Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate potential acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Implementation: Work with GLG sales, product and operation teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- At least three (3) years of experience within a management consultancy or internal strategy group
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Ability to own medium sized projects end-to-end; with input only 2-3 times a week from Head of Corporate Development and/or Head of Strategy
- Gravitas to act as thought partner to CEO-2 and preferably CEO-1
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis and present findings in a concise and compelling manner
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Experience of conducting high quality analysis taken through to recommendations
- Good facility with Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SQL and other data analysis tools (Python, Tableau, R) a plus, willingness to learn a requirement
- Comfort with ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.