GLG is seeking candidates to join our Client Solutions Team in Japan. Associate in our Professional Services Firms (PSF) & Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in Japan.
The Associate is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects and activities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support the client facing team. The Associate will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Execute time sensitive projects for GLGs clients to enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts.
- Assist in the programming of live/virtual meetings. The Associate is responsible for organising and hosting small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients, and programme private meetings for GLG Council Members at client offices.
- Enhance the GLG Councils and Membership Network. The Associate is to develop relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Work towards growing GLG client relationships. The Associate will develop relationships with GLG clients, who are leading investment professionals across APAC, via in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- The Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure the retention of existing accounts as well as collaborate with other GLG professionals to develop and execute a wide range of products for GLG clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors degree, or higher
- Up to 5 years of work experience in client-facing, account management, business development.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English and Japanese
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.