The APAC Operations team is looking to hire a Hong Kong-based Manager with an in-depth understanding of client and process operations, who can support the region in ensuring workflows that help us deliver to clients are designed and/or optimised for efficiency and effectiveness. The role will work closely with the APAC General Managers and their teams, other global operations teams and the global technology team.
We are seeking an inquisitive motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and communications skills. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple high-priority projects, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial, can-do, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Query, analyse (i.e., standard deviation, regression, standard deviation etc.) and understand the commercial and operational implications of complex datasets & operational data across different platforms in order to strategize turnaround plans; then implement and change manage the same
- Optimize, enhance and maintain scalable processes for APAC’s cross functional teams (i.e., Client Solutions, Platform Operations, and Solutions teams)
- Identify, problem-solve, correct and escalate pain points in workflows and technology while ensuring consistency and harmonization across departments
- Coach teams to critically review processes for efficiency, suitability and client impact
- Deliver communication and training for process improvements
- Drive implementation and adoption of process best practices
- Monitor and measure the impact of process changes, developing and recommending further enhancements or course corrections as necessary
- Work closely with Finance, Business Intelligence and CSOps teams to better understand trends across the BUs
- On-demand analytics from the GMs/Finance
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree or higher from a top tier university
- Excellent academic track record including 2:1 or above at university
- At least 5 years professional experience, ideally in operations, change management, turnaround or process management
- Experience working with complex datasets and with strong analytics experience
- Fluency in Mandarin preferred, although not essential
- Superior communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to influence
- Growth mindset with a relentless drive to constantly evolve and improve
- Desire to problem solve and improve upon inefficient processes and workflows
- Ability to “connect the dots” and develop deep understanding of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Excel/PowerPoint (moderate)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.