Client Engagement Coordinator | Qualitative Research Engagements
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
GLG Research connects clients across all industries with data driven insights using our B2B expert network built from the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. The team leverages its Survey, Qualitative research, and Integrated Insights capabilities to offer market insights by providing access to our industry-leading expert panel, as well as full-service custom market research project management and quality review. Our team of quantitative and qualitative market research specialists supports all phases of a client engagement, from scoping to panel selection, quality review, and data oversight to meet our client’s objectives.
GLG’s Qualitative Research team is seeking a Client Engagement Coordinator (known internally as a Solutions Senior Associate) to join our fast-growing and high performing team supporting our consultancies, agencies, and other various professional services firms clients. GLG’s Qualitative Research team brings the power of insight to our clients by leveraging GLG’s core asset, our Network Members, to participate in in-person or virtual qualitative research engagements. The team offers full-service or panel-only solutions to our clients in a variety of research methodologies, including SME placements, focus groups, online discussion boards, panels/advisory boards, workshops and in-depth interviews. The team also supports our clients' internal Learning & Development needs by facilitating bespoke learning engagements and speaker placements, ranging from targeted industry training to senior leadership training, virtually or on-the-ground.
As a Senior Associate on our Qualitative Research team, you will be part of a client-facing team that focuses on successful project and event delivery, from scoping our client’s research or learning needs to working cross-functionally to ensure success, including managing all supporting event or engagement logistics.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with our client-facing teams to support the scoping, proposal development and execution of qualitative research & learning experiences for our clients including SME placements, focus groups, online discussion boards, panels/advisory boards, workshops and in-depth interviews and other bespoke events
- Demonstrate client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction
- Learn to manage multiple projects with tight timelines while prioritizing and multi-tasking to ensure important deadlines are met
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding client and GLG information
- Operational management of multiple events and engagements, including but not limited to:
- Supporting execution for a large portfolio of events and engagements (including many multi-participant or multi-event series)
- Daily communications with key client stakeholders to serve their research or learning needs and provide exceptional service
- Collaboration with internal business partners to deliver on client research or learning needs to maximize commercial outcomes
- Scheduling for all event participants, including project status communications, itinerary confirmations, travel and more
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability, including expert fee negotiation and venue/vendor negotiations
- Creation of legal documentation including work statements, project terms, and other collateral
- Remote vendor management or location-based venue sourcing and management
- Travel arrangements for experts, where necessary
- Deliver quality event output on various platforms
- Data entry and system management
At a minimum, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1-2 years of post-graduate work experience within project management, market research, operations, and/or client servicing. Experience within an analogous B2B client service industry preferred.
We would love if you also have most of these qualifications:
- Experience working in a client servicing environment – previous clients in professional services and/or consulting industries a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, such as multiple events and different stages of projects at once
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment while being adaptable to changes in work scope
- Strong problem-solving skills, dedication, and patience allowing you to complete and rigorously review every stage of challenging project work
- Superior writing, logic, and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Ability to drive results while striving for consistency and process compliance
- Confidence handling direct client communications in stressful situations
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Salary/Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary, eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Work Environment: GLG Americas is currently on a flexible working policy during the global pandemic. This means that while working in the office is not required at this time, all of our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full-service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.