The Business Development Manager, Growth at GLG will be deployed in support of client relationships, strategic positioning, and as a thought partner in client negotiations and executing complex projects.
Investment firms seek to better understand a variety of companies, situations, assets, and price dislocations. For each client, GLG deploys a highly-skilled engagement team tasked with understanding their objectives, and crafting a solution in support of their investment diligence and betterment of the fund. GLG’s work enables our clients to make better decisions, to work more effectively and productively; and, to benefit from the intelligence and experience of our 900,000+ experts (Network Members).
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with investment professionals at GLG’s existing Financial Services clients and articulate GLG’s premium brand, offering and value proposition
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients across the full line of GLG’s services.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues.
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objective
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Find and execute on opportunities within your existing client base to cross-sell additional GLG products.
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for this role include contract value growth from existing clients, pipeline development, and the adoption of new product/service offerings. The Business Development Manager will report directly to a Growth Business Unit Manager on GLG’s Business Development team and is expected to partner with our client solution team to consistently delight our customers.
Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to be creative and commercial and/or a track record of overachieving in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of GLG’s primary research platform vis-à-vis the broader landscape of professional services offerings in the marketplace at price points ranging from $50,000 to $300,000 in annual contract value.
You will have the following:
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated success in one or more of these fields:
- Account Management with Financial services clients
- Diligence and consulting solutions to institutional investors
- Consultant at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
- Enterprise-level Application Service Provider (ASP or SaaS) or senior software sale
- Proven experience managing performance to quota
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across different functions for solving complex challenges, learning and growing
- Clear understanding of and hands on experience with creating and delivering “best in class” client service strategies and operating models
- Impeccable attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume and fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.