Business Development Manager, Corporate Markets
The role of the Business Development Manager is to accelerate sales to expand the firm’s user base and offerings within Technology, Industrials and Life Sciences companies. This person will be responsible for specific bookings targets, among other key performance indicators.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and wants to build a business with a best-in-class management team, many of whom have worked in leading management consultancies, investment banks and operating companies.
This candidate will also have an opportunity to work with senior leaders across both the internal organization and within their clients, including developing partnerships with SVPs, EVPs and CXOs of large operating companies.
The candidate will report to a Vice President and work closely with other members of senior management. They need to be able to thrive in a fast paced, energetic and rapidly shifting environment. He/she will also need to have the drive and desire to build the top performing sales team at the firm.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Drive Commercial Success The successful candidate will leverage his/her own professional network to build new relationships at operating companies and engage at a granular level with industry executives on topics of critical importance to their businesses. The candidate will meet with senior level prospects and clients regularly to articulate the firm’s value proposition, especially with respect to new technologies and product development, sales and marketing practices, end-market intelligence and other relevant topics.
- Strategic Vision and Product Expansion The successful candidate will continually enhance customer targeting, segmentation and outreach while refining the firm’s value proposition across various segments. The candidate will further develop the firm’s service offering and explore opportunities for new product and channel development. This person will continually assess industry trends, the marketplace, competitive behaviors, customer preferences, and best practices.
- Team Building and Collaborative Learning The candidate will engage regularly with sales, account management and solutions colleagues to co-develop client-specific value propositions, communicate industry-specific insights across the team, and provide mentorship to teammates as they develop. The candidate will help to recruit market-leading talent to the firm, develop those professionals through teaching in the apprenticeship model, and retain those individuals through meaningful professional experiences.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably at leading information or professional services firm
- Desire to drive a new sales process and rapidly grow market share
- Executive presence, the ability to interact with senior professionals at Fortune 500 Companies
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.