Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) professional to oversee the development and growth of their public equities book of business, developing and maintaining effective existing relationships as well as selling into new relationships, with a desired outcome to build revenue and ‘footprint’ in the Australia and New Zealand marketplace.
GLG BDMs are responsible for:
- Growing GLG’s existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are investment professionals from mutual funds , hedge funds and superannuation funds across ANZ. This relationship development will stem from in-person and virtual client meetings, and telephone interactions. BDMs develop deep relationships with key contact points at clients, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategising, identifying and bringing on new clients in Australia. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in Australia. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organised marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimisation formal meetings and socials with prospects.
- Renewing GLGs subscription relationships effectively and to the business plan.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with other Business Development colleagues and the Client Servicing team that is aligned to the public equities segment, to deepen existing client relationships and identify new prospects.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in Australia. Developing relationships across fund managers in Australia and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in Australia.
- As a BDM professional, you will be liasing with fund managers at the analyst level, through to Portfolio Manager, Head of Equities and CIO level. Prior experience and or the demonstrated ability to deal with this client type is essential.
Gerson Lehrman Group attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- Must have 3 years of proven sales experience in the Australian financial services industry. Within Funds Management sales is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Experience interacting with senior executives
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.