Business Development Associate | Private Equity
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
The Junior Account Manager, which internally we call a Business Development Associate internally, on our Private Equity Team will be responsible for helping to grow relationships with our Financial Services investors and supporting our most senior sales professionals. You will be responsible for identifying new potential GLG users within named accounts, regularly assisting with presenting GLG’s platform to Associate and VP-level clients, using GLG’s CRM to track and map client accounts, and work in collaboration with Account Managers to drive adoption of GLG’s platform. The Junior Account Manager role on our Private Equity Team is effectively a supportive business development role that drives business within specific, named accounts that are currently GLG clients. These clients can be hedge funds, private equities, and/or accounts in which we have growth potential.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support current client base (Private equity firms)
- Collaborate with senior business development executives to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Target Associate up to VP-level contacts to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to share business issues and key projects, deliver GLG solutions to meet needs and add value to their business process
Goals and expectations:
- Tight coordination with client relationship lead and Client Solutions team
- Help execute relevant parts of account planning process
- Engage clients via phone outreach
- Increase unique active users
- Support renewal process to increase retention rates
- Help drive attendance to GLG events
- Create & maintain client presentations
Key performance metrics for the Associate Account Executive include total outreach, connected outreach, establishing relationships with contacts at client firms, client revenue growth, increase in users of GLG’s services at client firms, and adoption of new products and systems. The Associate Account Executive will work closely with the Account Managers & Business Development Managers so the commercial success of the business unit will be a metric in how the you are measured. You should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions via phone, email, and consultative selling
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.