Associate/Senior Associate, Business & Data Analytic, APAC
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG is seeking an Associate/Senior Associate on the Client Solutions Operations team to partner with our business units to assess, develop and execute strategic initiatives that accelerate top and bottom-line growth, alongside Business Development and Client Solutions leaders across APAC. This individual will be a solid individual contributor, reporting to the SVP of Client Solutions Operations and located in our Hong Kong office.
This position is an amalgamation of strategic initiatives development and execution with thoughtful analysis and reporting to measure performance, with the ultimate aim to drive growth acceleration strategies across the APAC markets. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate exceptional business acumen, maturity, and relationship-building capabilities. We are seeking an inquisitive motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and communications skills. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple high-priority projects, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial, can-do, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Business performance management and reporting –
- Develop key business performance metrics tied to specific strategic initiatives and measure success against targets set
- Produce and distribute regular reports and presentations of business performance
- Build and maintain data monitoring tools and dashboards to enable senior management to make better operational and commercial decisions
- Own incentives calculations for front-line staff and other teams as per Business Unit needs
- Strategic initiatives development and execution –
- Develop deep understanding of GLG’s business model, particularly all operational and technology-based workflow and processes with a direct impact to clients and experts
- Launch investigative deep dives to identify operational inefficiencies, build robust models to quantify the business case, make recommendations to drive efficiency and effectiveness with client excellence in mind, and execute towards those strategic goals
- Closely manage and coordinate multiple stakeholders within APAC and corporate functions such as Finance, Business Intelligence and Technology globally
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree or higher from a top tier university
- Meaningful work experience of 1-2 years, ideally in finance, management consulting or other highly analytical or strategy/operations role
- Naturally inquisitive, consistently proactive and tenacious, and able to work in an organized and independent matter with strong sense of responsibility
- Analytic agility and creativity, with strong technical skills and ability to develop and deliver key insights and recommendations
- Advanced modeling and Excel skills – ability to build efficient, scalable, and intuitive models
- Advanced PowerPoint skills with commitment to create thoughtful communications and visually attractive presentation
- Devotion to accuracy, integrity and consistency of data and models
- Experience with SQL and Looker (or other business intelligence tools) is preferred
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and senior management across APAC
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple high priority projects at the same time
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.