The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the growing Reporting and Analytics unit within the growing global Strategic Solutions team. The Reporting and Analytics team is responsible for analyzing and reporting on survey results that GLG collects across the various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types (e.g. Private Equity, Corporate, Hedge Funds, Healthcare/Life Sciences, and Consultation). This person will work directly with clients and GLG’s Survey Project Managers to understand their needs for data driven insights. This includes helping construct research projects that will address those needs, and deliver reports where the client is able to understand the trends and takeaways of their project.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate: Work with GLG’s Strategic Solutions teams and other Business Units to define, execute, and deliver clients’ needs on survey analysis, including shaping the survey approach upfront to deliver better results to analyze and package
- Communicate: Help GLG clients understand and interpret their data
- Analyze: Interpret data from online surveys, visualize and synthesize results.
- Implement: Assist in the building market-research reports that support clients’ understanding of survey results
- Verify: Ensure client facing data is accurate through implementation of quality control checks.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least a year of experience in survey research with emphasis on report writing in a market research environment; additional experience in end-to-end survey project delivery a plus
- Experience and proficiency in research data analysis, with at least one data analysis tool, such as R, SPSS, Stata etc; Q preferred
- Must be proficient with Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with at least one survey research tool a plus (such as Decipher or Qualtrics), and have an ability to interpret, explain, and visualize analytic findings to a lay audience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a field with strong quantitative or research background
- Attention to detail along with an ability to identify quality control issues with consistent accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills, as well as drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.