GLG Events provides unique, market-moving insights and perspectives on current events and market trends by leveraging the voices of the world’s leading professionals. The Events team identifies, researches, and curates additive content across a variety of subject areas, and creates in person or virtual events featuring the top experts.
We are seeking an Associate to create and moderate roundtables, teleconferences, and webinars designed to engage private equity investors on topics of thematic interest. This is a highly visible role serving as an internal thought leader and supporting and driving the continued growth of our Private Equity Events business. This role entails being able to identify and research compelling market trends and deal flow, and developing relationships with clients, C-level executives, subject matter experts/outside consultants, and internal partners.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop understanding of private equity investment strategies and learn how to research deal flow and market trends that are driving thematic research of our clients
- “Connect the dots” between deal flow, client priorities, and market trends to build events based on these topics
- Search for, vet, and maintain relationships with former executive speakers, regulators, and subject matter experts/consultants across sectors of interest to our clients to interview on pertinent topics in event formats
- Draft compelling marketing materials to highlight the interviewee and subject matter to be utilized both internally to business development/client service teams and directly to GLG clients
- Moderate and host virtual and in person events between former executives, experts, and GLG’s clients
- Support team efforts to collaborate with Client Solutions, Business Development, and other internal teams to drive value for private equity clients
- Helps team efforts to add value as subject matter experts across GLG
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least 1 year of related experience in private equity investing, research, or content
- Healthcare and/or energy and industrials experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and competence in front of clients
- A strong work ethic and desire to manage many highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail, and work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Interest in joining a dynamic, growing events business
- Must be able to collaborate across teams, exert influence, and work within an organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be adaptable
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.