Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking an Associate to support the GLG Southeast Asia Private Equity team in Singapore. The Associate will help to drive GLGs business model and develop the PE/VC client base by closely coordinating with the Client Solutions team and working with clients to fulfil their primary research needs.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Support the client facing team. The Associate will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Execute time sensitive projects for GLGs clients to enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts.
- Assist in the programming of live/virtual meetings. The Associate is responsible for organising and hosting small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients, and programme private meetings for GLG Council Members at client offices.
- Enhance the GLG Councils and Membership Network. The Associate is to develop relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Work towards growing GLG client relationships. The Associate will develop relationships with GLG clients, who are leading investment professionals across APAC, via in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Collaborate. The Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure the retention of existing accounts as well as collaborate with other GLG professionals to develop and execute a wide range of products for GLG clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelors degree, or higher
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Fluency (written and oral) in Business Mandarin to communicate with Mandarin-speaking external stakeholders.
- Curiosity about the financial markets, including trends and white spaces
- Passion for problem -solving in a client service role
- Ability to write, speak and present succinctly to deliver investment theses/ideas
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and interest, in some or all the following areas: o Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development, Product and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Up to 2 years of work experience in client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, consultancies and financial services or start up environment.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.