GLG seeks an experienced lawyer or compliance professional to head the Company’s APAC Compliance team
GLG seeks an experienced solutions-oriented lawyer or compliance professional to head the Company’s APAC Compliance team, based in Hong Kong.
GLG clients rely on GLG’s 700,000+ member-experts and 2,000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous, industry-leading compliance framework. Compliance at GLG is both internally and externally facing. We work with business colleagues, clients and experts to protect clients from exposure to confidential or sensitive information, to protect our client’s information, and to make sure we are respecting our experts’ conflicts and obligations to third parties. We also meet regularly with existing and prospective GLG clients to discuss our framework.
Specific responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising GLG’s APAC compliance team, and serve as a senior member of GLG’s 50-person global compliance department, reporting up to the U.S.-based Chief Compliance Officer.
- Provide timely and thoughtful support for client service professionals across the APAC region, with a focus on identifying solutions that allow us to provide best-in-class service to our clients while appropriately mitigating risk.
- Regularly engage with senior management within the APAC region.
- Partner with legal and business teams around the world to advance business initiatives while maintaining GLG’s industry-leading compliance standards.
- Serve as main point of contact for compliance officers at existing and prospective APAC clients, and be comfortable articulating key aspects of GLG’s value proposition.
- Directly engaging with clients to help implement their compliance policies.
- Overseeing and leading training of GLG APAC employees.
- Make and implement decisions on compliance matters.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law degree, with demonstrated legal experience and/or relevant compliance or risk management experience.
- 7+ years of combined relevant experience in a law firm, financial services firm, corporate and/or regulatory role.
- Familiarity with financial services industry and related securities laws.
- Proven effectiveness engaging effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven effectiveness at managing complex matters from inception to close.
- Experience supervising professionals and teaching others.
- Experience working in a multinational corporation or institution.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (Japanese and Korean language skills also helpful).
- GLG has APAC region offices in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia and India. The role will be based in Hong Kong, with some travel required, subject to Covid restrictions.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.