GLG is seeking candidates for a Specialists/Analysts role based in Shanghai, China. The individual will be part of GLGs 60-person global compliance department and would be required to provide timely and thoughtful support for global client service professionals. In this role you will develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management.
GLG attracts employees from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
The role of Specialist/Analyst in Compliance team shall encompass various tasks including, but not limited to:
- Learn and understand GLG’s compliance framework.
- Conduct screening of expert profiles and background to ensure completeness, accuracy, appropriateness and consistency and identify any potential concern. Conduct further in-depth research on issues/concerns identified using proprietary databases and/or public domain.
- Review and analyze projects and identify potential risks or violation of the GLG's compliance framework.
- Engaging with client service professionals daily to resolve issues.
- You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
- Work closely with other compliance team members (based in Beijing, Hong Kong, Gurugram) to provide in time zone compliance support.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Entry level for the specialist/analyst role.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using Internet-based investigative tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships based on mutual trust and respect. Demonstrable ability to lead and work in teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.