The Americas Operations team is looking to hire someone with an in-depth understanding of client service and process operations who can support the Americas and Global business in continuous improvement initiatives.
Scope of the role includes working to optimize tactical workflow processes, strategic pilots/programs and execution-based technology tools. Core tenants of the role will be problem solving, engaging directly with frontline service and technology professionals and solution discovery, testing and implementation.
The role will work closely with the Americas General Managers and their teams, the global technology team, global service operations teams, and compliance.
- Optimizing/redefining and maintaining scalable processes across Americas primarily for Client Solutions and Platform Operations. This will include but not be limited to identifying and escalating pain points in workflows and technology, ensuring initiatives are harmonized across departments, etc.
- Executing implementation and roll out strategy of new workflow initiatives across teams (from initial testing to scaled roll outs and pivoting approach based upon learning and performance)
- Close partnership with Product Managers/Stakeholders in Technology to frame and pressure test the needs of the service organization
- Shadowing and assisting existing Client Solutions teams to better understand bottlenecks and improvement areas
- Independently problem-solving or troubleshooting all Client Solutions workflow or technology issues and acting as a final checkpoint before full escalation to GLG’s HelpDesk or Development teams. Coaching teams to critically review processes for efficiency, suitability and client impact
- Analyzing operating data to identify opportunities and develop process improvements and action plans
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of process changes and developing and recommending enhancements or course corrections as necessary
- Delivering communication and training for process improvements as required and driving the implementation and adoption of process best-practices.
- Establishing mechanisms for gathering front line feedback on our tools and workflows; ensuring workflows are being adhered to or adopted based upon quantitative and qualitative feedback
Ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years professional experience, ideally in operations, client service or process/program management
- Superior communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to influence
- Growth mindset with a relentless drive to constantly evolve and improve
- Desire to problem solve and improve upon inefficient processes and workflows
- Ability to “connect the dots” and develop deep understanding of the organization
- Notable examples of leading through substantive organizational change
- Demonstrated comfort with or curiosity towards leveraging data to make decisions
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills; charismatic
- Highly flexible schedule; ability to engage with global partners and comfortable with extended hours during in-depth projects
- Consultant/Advisor “mind-frame”; ability to dissociate biases from decision making
- Capacity to “think outside the box” and challenge status quo of current processes and technology tools
- Proficiency in MS Excel/PowerPoint (moderate)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.