The Americas People Operations team primarily supports Client Solutions, GLG’s client service organization, specifically around hiring strategy, onboarding, role-based training, and employee engagement. As part of the Americas Operations team, this individual will collaborate with multiple businesses across the Americas organization to support a culture of learning and contribute to the growth of our key focus areas.
Working closely with GLG’s business leaders, and the Americas Operations Training Manager and fellow Americas Operations team members, the Training Specialist will primarily be responsible for the close coaching of our Senior Associates, a key frontline client facing role, helping Senior Associates learn best in class end to end project management skills in their first 6-12 months in role. In this role, they will be responsible for the day-to-day coaching and upskilling of Senior Associates through practice and shadow sessions, identification of improvement areas, one on one support, repeat trainings, certifications, etc. In addition, this person will help support the Training Manager in content review, development, facilitation, and adherence of the Senior Associate training program.
This position will require a highly proactive individual who thoroughly understands, or can quickly get up to speed on, the Client Solutions role and GLG systems and can grasp and execute against evolving team and business priorities.
Across all our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments, approach their work with precision and have a passion for continuous improvement.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide structured on-demand coaching and counsel to Senior Associates to ensure they are equipped to do the job as they were trained; proactively spot issues and retrain as needed.
- Drive reinforcement of skills through small group and/or one on one coaching sessions and repeat trainings
- Partner with Team Leaders and Direct Manager to identify, coach and reinforce skills
- Support upskilling of Senior Associates with coaching and learning support that builds off role-based trainings (i.e., onboarding, workflow, continued education)
- Supports Senior Associate certification processes
- Proactively offer ideas for more efficient processes or improved content to deliver an exceptional Senior Associate Onboarding program
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2+ years of experience in a client service role
- Strong coaching or mentoring skill set and passion for upskilling individuals
- Demonstrated ability to display poise and confidence when under pressure
- Self-driven and persistent attitude; can accomplish tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to balance multiple and conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and active listening
- Exceptional organization skills, with an impeccable attention to detail
- Team player attitude, with ability to create excellent working relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.