Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounts Payable team. We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual with excellent accounting knowledge as well as strong analytical and communication skills. This role will report to the Sr. Accounts Payable Manager and will focus primarily on facilitating the Accounts Payable process. This individual should be confident in their ability to work independently as well as in a group setting within a multi-office environment. The Staff Accountant will also support the Accounting department by contributing to the accurate and timely reporting of financial results to our internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to join our global organization with significant growth potential, for a qualified individual who shares our values of learning and curiosity, responsibility, fresh perspectives, and integrity.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and processing check and ACH payment batches
- Investigate payment processing related issues
- Answer accounts payable vendor and management inquiries
- Assist in the monthly close process and annual external audit
- Assist with the reconciliation of intercompany and prepaid accounts
- Entering of journal entries and other general ledger reclasses
- Process daily wire payments using online banking systems
- Assist with employee T&E reimbursement process
- Process vendor invoices
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related major
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Previous knowledge of accounting and payment-related systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience a plus
- Familiarity with SQL or other data analytic and reporting tools a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.