Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Senior Manager in Hong Kong for the Global Real Estate and Facilities Team who is looking for an exciting challenge in Asia. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly organized, efficient, strategic, diplomatic and flexible and will be responsible for managing the APAC region facilities, including design and construction of our growing Asia offices.
The Senior Manager of APAC Facilities will play a high profile role working with the director of global facilities and local office managers, executives and leading design consultants in managing new office environments for a fast growing innovative business service company in some of the world’s premiere cities.
GLG Senior Manager APAC Facilities is responsible for:
- Managing all regional facilities capital and large expense projects. Develop project schedules, capital budgets, comparative scenario planning, presentation materials and vendor management. Compilation of costs and budgets for both large and small projects and overall anticipated annual capital expenditures including as office refresh of paint and carpet, furniture and other maintenance items. Generate usage reports, establish budgets, and reconcile financials and invoices related to office projects.
- Building expertise and leadership. Knowledgeable in design and construction terms, processes and methods sufficient to lead a project team of professional consultants including a project management firm, architecture firm, engineering firm, landlord representative and others, to generate office space outcomes satisfying company objectives for design, specification criteria and budget. Knowledge of office construction, building systems, building codes, furniture, fixtures and equipment and familiarity with global construction processes, methodologies and design nuances.
- Facilities leadership and oversite of small scale local projects. Manage scheduling, logistics and execution of all small construction, repair and upgrade projects throughout the APAC locations of China, India, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney and Seoul. These may include minor renovations to pantries, meeting rooms, HVAC systems, air purification systems, overseeing technical installs for low voltage cabling and monitor swaps, assisting local office managers with copier installs, coffee contracts, landlord issues, security problems, developing health and safety guidelines for the various offices, among others. Identify potential projects necessary to maintain GLG standards and develop and present recommended action plans. Promote and maintain the company brand and image standards.
- Team-wide collaboration. Maintain relationships with GLG Leadership, building management and various vendors as needed. Maintain relationships with global offices managers to monitor and report on space utilization and office maintenance. Communicate with Director of Global Facilities and other worldwide team members on regular basis. Assist with internal facilities communication using GLG systems related to emergency management and soft internal webpages.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- A high degree of trustworthiness
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects (often without a lot of direction) and be flexible to communicate with team members in other time zones and report back to corporate office
- Must be extremely efficient, creative and resourceful while maintaining highest professional standards
- Must have superior professional, academic and character references
- A university degree required, preferably in field related to design, construction or facilities planning
- Minimally five years of post-undergraduate experience in a project management type role
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Must have experience managing budgets and leading projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, and Word)
- Travel required potentially 50% of time
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and alternative strategies
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.