This is an exciting opportunity for penultimate/final year university students looking to pursue a career in marketing in the information services industry. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm.
You will support the GLG Marketing and Events Team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals and to identify branding opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to enhance the brand in the APAC region.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
- Support the GLG APAC marketing & events team on all marketing, communications and events, related duties.
- Assist in marketing promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and website)
- Assist in the creation of both online and offline marketing collaterals
- Conduct industry research and competitive intelligence analysis;
- Other research tasks based on team requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in English (an additional Asian language – Mandarin – preferred)
- Current student at a top-tier university, preferably pursuing a degree in new media or marketing
- Resourceful, driven individual with a passion for technology and marketing
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in relevant agency / technology industry will be a plus
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc) preferred
- Knowledge on digital marketing is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the most suitable applicant for this internship position.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a young and dynamic team / environment
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.