GLG is seeking a motivated and professional IT Help Desk Manager to join and become a part of the GLG Technology Team. This position is based in Hong Kong and reports to the Director of IT. A successful candidate will possess an excellent customer service attitude, a degree of creativity in troubleshooting and problem solving, and has the desire to continue to grow as a technology leader. This individual must be able to use both hard and soft skills daily to do his/her job effectively and is comfortable supporting large-sized corporate locations in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and staff management of the GLG Help Desk.
- Be responsible for achieving team level SLAs and supporting KPIs.
- Report on Help Desk performance and metrics to IT Management
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion and assign staff to various operations and direct their activities related to help desk tickets.
- Take ownership of client issues and escalate the issue to appropriate IT managers as necessary.
- Provide support and communicate appropriately across multiple levels of the internal organization.
- Create, document, and update processes to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Act as project manager for small to medium projects around desktop infrastructure (i.e., technology upgrades, new hardware, software deployments, and office moves).
- As needed, provide support and troubleshoot on escalated PC/MAC hardware, software, printing and networking issues.
- Train and develop all help desk personnel in operating procedures, troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.
- Be responsible for hiring, training and managing Helpdesk staff.
- Be willing to learn and accepting of change.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in IT with 2-3 years of experience managing a Help Desk Team.
- Demonstrated experience with on-prem / off-prem support teams.
- ITIL Foundation Certified (V2 or higher) preferred.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with both technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent understanding of computer hardware, operating system functions (Windows and MacOS), and components.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Office365, Network Essentials, VoIP systems and basic AV skills.
- Knowledge of Zendesk Help Desk software and reporting is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge scripting (Powershell), VBS and Bash is a plus
- Familiarity with MS SQL, MYSQL and other common database platforms is a plus.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN, Voice, DNS/WINS, DHCP and mobile computing environments.
- Experience and ability to work both in a team setting and independently.
- Ensures effective management of software licensing and hardware inventories by maintaining cost-effective procurement strategies, internal controls and financial/physical reconciliations.
- Proven track record of managing operational efficiency and positive staff morale in technology/helpdesk environments.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,800 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.