GLG seeks an experienced lawyer or compliance professional to head the Company’s APAC Compliance team, based in Hong Kong.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising GLG’s APAC compliance team, and serve as a senior member of GLG’s 50-person global compliance department, reporting up to the U.S.-based Chief Compliance Officer.
- Provide timely and thoughtful support for client service professionals across the APAC region.
- Regularly engage with senior management within the APAC region.
- Partner with legal and business teams around the world to advance business initiatives while maintaining GLG’s industry-leading compliance standards.
- Serve as main point of contact for compliance officers at existing and prospective APAC clients, and be comfortable articulating key aspects of GLG’s value proposition.
- Directly engaging with clients to help implement their compliance policies.
- Overseeing and leading training of GLG APAC employees.
- Make and implement decisions on compliance matters.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law degree, with demonstrated legal experience and/or relevant compliance or risk management experience.
- 7+ years of combined relevant experience in a law firm, financial services firm, corporate and/or regulatory role.
- Familiarity with financial services industry and related securities laws.
- Proven effectiveness at managing complex matters from inception to close.
- Experience supervising professionals and teaching others.
- Experience working in a multinational corporation or institution.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
GLG has APAC region offices in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia and India. The role will be based in Hong Kong, with some travel required.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.