The Research Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects and activities, ensure the team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets, support sales expanding our presence in the region, and work with the leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Support the Sales team growing GLG client relationships in Beijing including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across India, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy for our efforts in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Programming live in-country meetings or teleconferenceson relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, market research, recruiting, or other professional services or start up environment
- Strong can-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging from industrials to consumer to healthcare
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in and lead a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.