Please note: while this role is responsible for planning virtual events, the position requires you to work in our Austin office. This is not a remote opportunity.
GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic programming of virtual events, working alongside content generators to conceive, develop, and produce multimedia content covering various industries, connecting the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with our content generation team to produce user centric virtual events to increase user acquisition and retention
- Ensure virtual event strategy and execution adheres to the latest industry best practices and standards
- Leadership of internal teams engaged in producing virtual events, with strong emphasis on:
- Setting process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Mentoring and overseeing junior team members responsible for coordinating and executing virtual events
- Training of Content and Event team members on excellence in virtual event production
- Oversee the virtual event execution process, including:
- Working with vendors to streamline event entry and execution
- PowerPoint and presentation management
- Prepping hosts and external speakers
- Make improvements to existing virtual event formats in order to provide a seamless virtual learning experience for clients
- Innovate, conceptualize, and deliver creative new formats to elevate client engagement
- Identify additional opportunities to incorporate multimedia, video, and/or experiential content into GLG’s event suite
- Source vendors, manage vendor relationships, and enforce vendor management best practices
- Consult with users and vendors as needed to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Data management and analysis, ROI analysis and adherence, KPI management
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least five years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, content producer, or company in a related field
- At least five years of experience with webinar / webcast platforms, such as GoToWebinar, Webex, On24, Adobe Connect, or competitors
- Strong working knowledge of streaming audio and video, file types and formats and experience with conference software utilizing a variety of computer, telecom and webinar training delivery systems
- Strong project management skills
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the digital content space
- Voracious desire to learn and expand understanding, especially with respect to virtual event technology and formats
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user focused
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.