We are looking for a passionate, motivated, self-starter to join the IT Operations team responsible for maintaining the many facets of GLG’s core infrastructure. GLG is focused on cloud platforms (Azure/AWS) and devops as management methodology. If you’re looking for a fast paced, fun, dynamic environment and are willing to bring and learn new ideas, this might be the right opportunity for you.
The Ideal Candidate:
Will have the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas. Must be passionate about technology. Many on the team work past business hours of their own volition to learn new skills and work on projects because they enjoy it. We’re looking for like-minded people interested in more than “just a job”.
- This team has a broad scope of responsibilities including: cloud operations, server management (Linux and Windows), deployment Automation, DNS, Security (Ex. managing Anti-Virus), database, telephony, firewall, and storage.
- Maintain company mail flow (a combination of Office 365, Mimecast, Mailgun and client-related email flows).
- Participate in the On-Call 24/7 support for infrastructure needs as they impact business stability and functionality.
- Assist in the support of all physical office locations globally. Minimal if any travel required.
- Assist in the department’s tickets and projects that represent infrastructure work and “level 3” escalations from the internal support team.
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Develop, maintain, and administer cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Build out the underlying infrastructure from end to end, effectively creating the platform that will enable other departments to quickly deploy compute resources on-premise or in the cloud.
- 4 to 6+ years experience as a Windows/Linux systems admin/engineer.
- Configuration and engineering experience on Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware.
- Solid scripting skills, Powershell a must have. VBS and bash as a bonus.
- End to end Mailflow including: O365, DNS (mx, spf, a, etc.), filtering, archiving, retention and spam prevention
- Experience with software deployment tools (ie. Microsoft Intune, ManageEngine) and building packages for deployment
- Be familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Mindful of security at all times - security is a top priority across the organization.
- Strong desire to assist the team and share knowledge.
- Firm believer in the documentation process.
- Experience in an Active Directory environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Firewall, email and web filtering, Antivirus, encryption technologies.
- Monitor various platforms such as PRTG, Solarwinds, ThousandEyes.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience with MSSQL
- Other specific skillsets highly desired include: IT audit, network and system security
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.