GLG is seeking a people, research, and commercial leader to help drive success for its Survey Team, focused on North American clients. This person will enhance and extend GLG’s brand, reputation, and recognition within one of GLG’s fastest growing target market segments. Additionally, this person will direct teams that help clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation.
This person will report to the VP of GLG Strategic Solutions and be a key member of the rapidly growing global business unit. Collaboration with internal partnerships, as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base, will be crucial for success. The ideal candidate should be energized by working within a high-energy, start-up environment. A successful candidate will be passionate about research design, able to bring and teach a wide variety of market research methodologies. They will be extremely commercially motivated, with a passion for growing a team and driving business.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the pitching, execution, and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s clients
- Help manage the commercial success through marketing, client interaction, and relentlessly excellent project delivery
- Innovate around survey design, introduce advanced modeling to clients, and ensure deliverables meet the high standard of GLG
- Elevate GLG’s survey offering by acting as a resource and mentor to GLG survey professionals, especially around market research methodologies
- Meet directly with clients and internal partners to increase awareness of and confidence in GLG survey’s capabilities (this may involve up to 10% travel)
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for project execution to deliver high-quality research and deliverables to GLG’s senior clientele
- Work closely with the VP to develop and execute strategies for growth
- 7-10+ years of market research or similar experience
- Experience across a wide variety of market research solutions/practices
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research results to stakeholders
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Experience with marketing and sales of research products
- Experience leading research teams and developing junior members
- Experience managing revenue targets
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Superior writing, logic and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group\u000BGLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.