Senior Research Associate – Healthcare & Life Sciences
The Healthcare & Life Sciences Senior Research Associate in New York will be responsible for supporting a Team Lead in building and maintaining strong client relationships, as well as primarily managing and executing primary research deliverables for clients. In addition, Senior Research Associates are expected to cultivate close relationships with and emerge as thought partners with GLG's financial services clients in Healthcare & Life Sciences and execute against the tasks detailed below by exercising excellent communication, good judgment, high quality execution, effective collaboration, business ownership, and by adhering to GLG's internal compliance policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Senior Research Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, including high-level project execution and management, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members. This includes:
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of the GLG learning platform and our clients, to enable our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions.
- Senior Research Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests to build and qualify primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Demonstrate strong Healthcare & Life Sciences industry content expertise and proactively engage clients and experts to understand key industry dynamics and trends.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and KOLs in the Healthcare & Life Sciences sector, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the Healthcare & Life Sciences segment.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-2 years of applicable work experience or Masters or higher degree (PHD/MD) in a hard Healthcare or Life Sciences program from a top-tier university
- Equity research or investment banking experience or a demonstrated strong understanding of financial markets is a plus
- Prior consulting experience or relevant experience in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry also a plus
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record working in complex multi-task-oriented team environment
- We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.