Senior Research Associate, Corporate
Senior research associates will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with global industrials corporations. GLG provides large operating companies with on-demand access to a global membership of 600,000 professionals, for insight and advice on the limitless strategic and operational questions they face every day – including to validate product hypotheses, explore new and adjacent markets, perform due diligence on M&A opportunities, and solve operational challenges. The Corporate division of GLG works with Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and 30+ leading global industrials companies.
Senior Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, including high-level project execution and management, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident business decisions. Research Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and other in-depth engagements.
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach.
- Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily senior leaders and professionals at industrials corporations. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meets, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top-tier university - undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better
- 1-3 years’ experience in client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting or related industry
- Strong interest in the Industrials sector
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning and client service, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Ability and appetite to balance big-picture thinking with a detail-oriented execution
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.