GLG is looking for an upbeat, outstanding, multi-tasking Host. As the first point of contact for everyone who enters, you’ll be an integral part of the team, responsible for making everyone feel welcome, and be a culture carrier and brand ambassador. The Host at GLG will be responsible for growing relationships with guests, job candidates as well as internal and external clients. You’re the first impression for GLG and we want everyone who walks through the doors to feel comfortable, happy, and recognize how seriously organized we are!
After 12 months in this role, an individual with exemplary performance will be eligible to seek other opportunities within GLG.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Greeter - Greeting guests, clients and candidates at the front desk by creating a welcoming and accommodating atmosphere. Notifying and finding the appropriate GLG employee to deliver guests in a timely manner.
- Researcher - Researching guests prior to their arrival in order to create a more personalized experience.
- Organizer - Coordinating and working closely with building security to streamline guest arrival process. Maintain visitor and guest list.
- Innovator - Work closely with office operations and facilities team on innovative ideas for the guest experience.
- Local Resource - Be a resource for our guests and staff - Strong knowledge of transportation and amenities in the surrounding area
- Host - Awareness of and focus on guests and staff at the host area and entering the office.
- Operator - Answering the GLG main phone line and directing telephone traffic to the appropriate employee in a timely fashion. Backup phone assist for CEO and executives of the firm.
- Owner - Maintaining the conference room calendars to book events and meetings.
- Knowledge Expert - Responsible for full knowledge of meetings to prepare and organize rooms ahead of meetings.
- Coordinator - You will work with various vendors to assist colleagues and clients on many tasks. Outgoing shipments, room conflicts, business cards, etc. all go through you.
- Collaborator - While assisting your colleagues you will work closely with the Executive Assistants with filing, printing, expenses, and operational needs.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, multi-tasking, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- Dependable and timely
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- The ability to handle all interactions with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication
- High energy and an ability to succeed in a fast-paced high demand role
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong initiative and proactivity
- Ability to interact with all levels of the firm’s employees, executives and clients
- Roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude
- Self-starting capabilities and ambition to move forward and up
- Ability to pivot quickly and effectively
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.