The role sits within our EMEA Financial Services team, based in London. We have a prestigious and sophisticated client base at leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Hedge funds, Private Equity funds, Mutual and Sovereign Wealth funds.
Client Solutions teams are the engine of GLG. We work across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, roundtables, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
GLG is seeking new and recent graduates to join our Healthcare Client Solutions Associate Program in London, who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a fast growth, and team-oriented environment.
After completing an initial training period, Healthcare Client Solutions Associates spend the first six to nine months focused on recruiting and introducing new experts into GLG’s global membership and learning client service skills. After nine to twelve months, Healthcare Client Solutions Associates are promoted to Senior Healthcare Client Solutions Associates after achieving specific quantitative and qualitative goals. Senior Healthcare Associates work directly with our clients to help them learn and make better decisions every day. Senior Healthcare Client Solutions Associates do so by facilitating custom learning solutions whilst expanding their account management responsibilities and healthcare domain knowledge.
Senior Healthcare Client Solutions Associates can rapidly progress into full account management roles, as well as Team Leadership in as little as three years, with growing responsibility to program and host healthcare thematic content for clients.
- Recruiting new experts to join our global membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Interacting with GLG’s experts on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagement, including researching topics and industries relevant to our clients
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements, including specialist training on healthcare compliance
- Developing relationships with healthcare thought leaders across the world, including: key opinion leaders, physicians, researchers and senior executives
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare and investment sector, including: pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare services, medical devices, diagnostics, hospitals and health systems
- Towards end of tenure, learning basic client-facing skills and joining a growing number of our in-person roundtable events with clients on thematic healthcare content
In this role you will learn skills such as:
- Fast, “on the spot” problem solving, by researching new topics that are top of mind in the investment community
- Advanced executive communication (oral and written) by engaging senior executives and thought leaders from day one
- Understanding the learning needs of our clients to deploy a broad range of custom products
- Effective collaboration with colleagues on and across teams and superior time management skills
After achieving the goals of an Associate within nine to twelve months, key Senior Healthcare Associate responsibilities include:
- Executing custom learning projects for clients end-to-end
- Engaging with clients daily by phone to understand and serve their learning needs and provide exceptional service
- Continuing to recruit new experts to join our membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and the overall client experience
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts
- Begin to program thematic healthcare events for clients (e.g. roundtables, teleconferences, medical conference meetings, in-person visits, etc) and start building the fundamental skillsets and competencies to host such events
- Mentoring new graduates by sharing best practices
GLG seeks graduate applicants with a postdoctoral qualification (PhD) in a medical or life sciences subject, who also have a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) Bachelors (BSc) or Master’s (MSc) degree from a top-tier university. Candidates can join GLG before their viva date if they have finalised and submitted their doctoral thesis.
Candidates with an undergraduate degree (BSc or MSc) in a medical or life sciences subject and at least 12 months experience in a healthcare consultancy or healthcare investment research role, are also welcome to apply for the role.
We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
The following requirements will strengthen your application:
- Core interest in the healthcare sector and a desire to learn how investors make
decisions in this market
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Fluency in one or more European language is preferred but not a requirement
- 29th July 2019
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.