*We will begin to conduct interviews for this position in March 2019*
GLG’s Client Solutions Intern role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in front-line client servicing, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm.
You will support the GLG Hong Kong Client Solutions team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals, and working closely with client facing staffs to identify how to best fulfil clients’ needs. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to streamline business processes.
- Support the GLG Hong Kong Client Solutions team with efficiency, responsibility and ownership of key projects for our clients -- professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and non-profit
- Conduct industry research and reach out to professionals and experts best suited to participate in each project through telephone, emails and other channels
- Engage GLG Council Members on a daily-basis to understand their knowledge and insights on specific client requests
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems
- Expand GLG Councils and learn to effectively and clearly explain GLG’s value proposition and business model to leading industry thought leaders
- Work with Client Solutions team in identifying the most suitable experts for each project, through thorough examination of experts’ knowledge and eligibility
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage and compliance framework to improve project and service quality
- Take ownership of key initiatives to build out business capabilities
- Other research tasks based on team requirements
- Excellent communication skills in English and native fluency in Mandarin
- Current third-year or fourth-year student at a top-tier university
- Candidates who could commit 5 days a week for at least 12 weeks between May and Sep 2019
- Enjoy multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in relevant marketing research, business development, recruiting or consulting will be a plus
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.