GLG is seeking entrepreneurial inquisitive graduates to join one of our research teams in Dublin. Our Associates are front-line service professionals and the engine of GLG. They work closely with our experts and subsequently with clients, professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day. These custom learning solutions include phone consultations and one-on-one meetings as well as surveys.
Our Associates work in teams, helping connect our clients to the insight they need from leading doctors, academicians, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other experts with years of on-the-ground experience. Associates themselves develop expertise across industries and topics through the course of project work. Our team based in Dublin services clients across the APAC region, and deals primarily with experts in the EMEA and US regions.
The Associate Programme begins with the Junior Associate role focused on mastering recruiting skills and understanding about industries and businesses over six to nine months. During this time, responsibilities gradually increase, with an opportunity to be promoted as a Senior Associate.
The Junior Associate Programme offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, birthday celebrations, and various team-building activities.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Key Associate responsibilities include:
- Partnering with senior colleagues daily to qualify and understand our client's needs;
- Recruiting new members/industry experts to join our Membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods;
- Engaging Council Members on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests;
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagements;
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements;
- Working toward agreed goals and targets.
As you progress to a Senior Associate role you gain more autonomy by:
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Continuing to recruit new members to join our Membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and overall client experience;
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts.
Junior Associate Training Programme and Personal Development:
As a GLG Associate, you go through a number of personal development steps designed to support you to:
- Excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Articulate GLG’s value proposition to engage the world’s top professionals;
- Grow relationships with thought leaders and clients to provide top-level service;
- Assess and scope clients research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, professional conduct, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Develop passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
For the Junior Associate Programme, we seek applicants with Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees from top-tier colleges and universities or with equivalent work experience. These factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Fluency in English (mandatory) and another language such as Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, etc (desirable);
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.